Nightfall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightfall

A Modern Day Werewolf/Vampire role play (NOT TWILIGHT)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nightfall: Chapter 2

Go down 
+8
Skippy
Ofnir
Jeremy Hunter
VoodooCarpet
Cel
NightProwler
PandaPear
The One Mask
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Skippy

Skippy

Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:46 pm

I drop my arms, walking back to him until we're pretty much touching.

Try it.

I grin.

Come on. Try to touch me.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:51 pm

I close my eyes, my smile reappearing on my face.
"I'm no fool. I cannot compare to you, not yet." I look into your eyes, my own hit by the glare from the sun behind you.
"But I will. I will be able to destroy you. You are driven by a desire, a want to give the Wolves this world. It's a drive that most cannot compare too. I am driven by the knowledge that you and I are all that is left. In the end, we will fight. It will be you, and me, and no one else. Then and only then will I face you. I do not live to defend those Vampires that remain, I live to avenge those Primals that fell. I hope you realize that."
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:55 pm

I grin.

I think you'll change your mind. There's something you should read, before you make such blind decisions.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:58 pm

"Oh?"
I lean back a little, giving each of us some room. Whatever it is you read, I certainly needed to get my hands on it.
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:02 am

I put my hand into one of my suit pockets, rummaging around until I find a pen. I take one of my cards from inside of the suit and flip it over, writing an address on the back.

It's a bank. Ask the manager for Vault 1672. The password is "Herald of the New World"

I offer the card out to him.

It is a long read though.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:06 am

I take the card and look at the address, and then back at you.
"And this will prove to me that the Vampires deserved to be slain, will it?"
I look at you quizzically, my heart pounding knowing if I was capable I could kill you right here.
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:11 am

This. Book.

I lean in, lowering my voice.

Will change the way you think about the entire universe.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:16 am

I look at you, mostly disregarding your words.
"Fine. But it wont change the fact that you murdered people I knew."
I look at you furiously, pocketing the card.
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:18 am

You'll understand the reason behind those actions.

I turn my back on him.

Well. I'll speak to you later. I have no doubt you'll find me again.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:23 am

I stay silent as you turn, and do the same, my eyes forward in the direction that the bank was in.
He would pay. Mind changer or not, he would pay for what he did to my people. And those Wolves he so eagerly defends will feel the true unrelenting fury of the Vampires in their fullest.
I stop and turn, and feed my final words to him for now.
"My name is Soren."
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:25 am

Nick.

I walk along the road, turning off down an alleyway.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:28 am

I sigh, and turn back, heading forward and pulling out the card. This address could change everything, every ounce of hatred I'd harboured for so long.
Back to top Go down
NPC Account

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:34 am

Bank Manager

I filed a few papers together, standing up from my desk. It was a quiet day in the bank. I walked over to my receptionist.

"Did you get that report done yet? No? Hurry it up. He said he wanted it in by Two."

I hustled back on over to my desk.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:37 am

I push open the large doors, and look around anxiously. Banks weren't someplace I liked, busy, filled with humans trying to act as if they lived purposeful lives. It was like watching a room full of pigs fighting over a slab of cheese they could never get there grotty snouts on.
I walked over to one of the cubicles, waiting for a patron.
"Hello? I'd like to speak to the manager?"
Back to top Go down
NPC Account

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:40 am

I hear Deena call my name and I walk out to her stall. She told me the customer here was asking for me.

"Yes sir? How can I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:42 am

I look the Manager over, nothing really outstanding about him.
"I'd like to go to Vault 1672."
I speak briskly, acting as if this was almost a causal experience for me. If the Manager was any kind of 'gatekeeper' to this important containment, he'd probably be used to people trying to sneak in.
Back to top Go down
NPC Account

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:47 am

I give an irritated sigh. Why Nick couldn't just keep his damn book in his own place, I didn't know.

"Yes. Right this way."

I come walking out from the cubicles and gesture for him to follow me. I lead him down into the bank and over to one of the vault doors. I type in a code and wait for the door to roll open. I take him inside and over to a drawer. Opening it with my key, I take out the package inside and walk over to the table in the centre of the room, placing the package on it.

"There you go."
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:51 am

I follow closely, watching his every move. This book, which I assume was inside the package, was very well kept. Whoever owned it, probably Nick, seemed quite fond of keeping it away from prying eyes.
"Thank you."
I lay a hand on the package, and open it.
Back to top Go down
NPC Account

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:53 am

I step outside of the room, shutting the vault door again. I gave a big sigh. I hated this waiting part now. I had to sit here while they read the book.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:55 am

I opened it up, and held the book in my hands. Quite a thing really. I didn't know what it contained, nor what its content entailed, and yet I still felt as if I was very privileged to be holding this tome in my grasp. I could've torn it in two there, but I had to read it before I did anything drastic. I had to see reason.
Opening the book to it's first page, I slowly began to read.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Hunter

Jeremy Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:42 am

Dawn left at once.
She just felt the aura around her.

Dawn ran, searching for Tria.

-No Veni. It's a stupid show I want to purge in a holy and righteous fire of justified fury.-
Tria said this innocently, like a little child would.
Back to top Go down
VoodooCarpet
Ninja Master
VoodooCarpet

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:48 am

"That explains why you were trying to cuddle me the whole time."
Back to top Go down
https://nfrp.rpg-board.net
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:35 am

The book... it was something else. Unlike anything Soren had ever laid his eyes on, unlike anything he'd ever heard of! Stories of the Wolves, the Vampires, their history, so much... it would have blown a weaker mind to shreds.
But Soren was not so easily overcome. He could see the flaws in what he read, and even if it was true when it was written, it no longer mattered; the humans were still flawed. Even if the Wolves were something special, they were more human than most supernatural beings, and thus had to be cleansed just like the rest.

Closing the book, Soren drew out his small dagger, a pugio, and gently prodded his index finger, creating a small pool of blood. Drawing out an ink pen, he began to write on the very back page, which was blank. He would leave his mark. Perhaps someday, another could see the book as he saw it; proof that both humans and wolves were as flawed as the other.

The vault door opened, as Soren exited the large sealed case. "I am done."
Back to top Go down
NPC Account

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:55 am

I put my hand into my pocket, pulling out the detonator. I hated this part.

"Very well. Now, Password if you please."
Back to top Go down
Cel

Cel

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:55 am

"Cuddle? More like hanging on for my life, I rode dunk mules that ride better."

I smile to show I'm only joking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightfall: Chapter 2
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next