Nightfall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightfall

A Modern Day Werewolf/Vampire role play (NOT TWILIGHT)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nightfall: Chapter 2

Go down 
+8
Skippy
Ofnir
Jeremy Hunter
VoodooCarpet
Cel
NightProwler
PandaPear
The One Mask
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:04 am

I blink, taken aback. "Come again?" I look down at the man, frowning softly. It takes me a few moments to click as to what's going on. "Oh. You don't believe me, do you?" I say, begrudgingly. I scratch my head for a moment, before looking back at him.
"You're not entirely... Okay, look, I know this is strange. I know I seem like a lunatic, and who knows, I probably am, but you must listen to me."

I stand up and step forward. "I doubt if someone told you Vampires existed oh so many years ago, you'd have believed them."
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:06 am

(S)
I'm over 300 years old, I was born before the purge happened, and vampires and werewolves were hunted and killed and driven into hiding. I grew up knowing what they were, where they were, and what they did. I even joined them on purpose. If someone had said vampires were real back then, I'd have slapped them for not realizing it sooner.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:09 am

"Fine, whatever, but you get my point." I look at you tiredly, rubbing my head.
"This world is full of complex and strange things we don't know the half of. Nick Knight is one of those things. And if we don't do something, then there'll be no second chance to stop him and save us. Because we'll be dead."
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:11 am

(S)
So you're telling me, that the person who's given me shelter and acts of goodwill, is really trying to kill me? Honestly, with a straight face?
Back to top Go down
Haytham
Guild Master
Guild Master
Haytham

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:13 am

While I probably wasn't meant to, I listened into the conversation. After all, it was just listening training, right?
Back to top Go down
NightProwler

NightProwler

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:14 am

(Anton)

=I nod=

That he is. A few hundred years ago, it had begun, and I was warned of it only a day ago. I was nearly caught in it when I was living in Eastern Europe.

=I cast my head downward=

I've never trusted Nick even after I came here.

Last edited by NightProwler on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Hunter

Jeremy Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:16 am

"Right, so this is more important than me killing the fucker who tortured and nearly raped me?"
Dawn scowled. "Fine. Give me ten minutes."

Dawn pressed the pedal down and shot off.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:17 am

"Is that not the easiest and most efficient way to stab someone in the back? Befriend them, treat them, perhaps love them, and then destroy them." I look you over, smirking.

"That is the way of Knight. He is efficient and effective. And that's why he is a threat, to humans and Vampires. Trust me or not, you will see clearly before the end. And only then will you be able to either be proud to stand and fight him, or regret your choices as you lay in a puddle of your own blood!"
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:19 am

(S)
You're talking like one of the crazy helpless humans who wander the streets talking up everybody about the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:22 am

I close the phone and put it down on the desk. My foot laces back, grabbing a chair by it's leg and pulling it over to me. I spin it, placing it down and sitting upon it. These records were interesting. Certain family bloodlines, records of immigration. Some really interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
NightProwler

NightProwler

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:23 am

(Anton)

=I look to Seln, a serious look on my face=

Seln, every time a vampire comes to him, he puts their name in that book.

=I narrow my eyes=

You've been a marked man since you've met him.
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:25 am

(S)
=i look at Anton=
Yeah, and the first time we met he tried to kill me. Had the perfect opportunity to do it as well. Sniper rifle, faster than sound, I was unaware.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:26 am

I sigh, rubbing my head and turning around, pacing a little. "That's because... Nngh." I let Anton speak, composing myself as I wait. "If you want to sit here and die, fine. Anton has sided with me, and I'm certain, more than certain, that other Vampires would rather take the risk of siding with me than falling prey to the madman. Don't think he hasn't had chances. He could have ended me right there and then when we met, and ridded the world of the last Primal beyond himself."

I step aside a little, standing in the doorway. "And that Newblood in there? I don't know if you care for her at all, or if she's just some new little worm you managed to pick off the streets, but if I were you I'd tell her to stop listening in on others people conversations."
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Hunter

Jeremy Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:27 am

Dawn's Veyron slowed to a stop outside the Library. Parking outfront, she locked the car and walked in, pistols hidden under her coat.

Spotting Knight, she walked over to stand beside him. "Knight."
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:29 am

I spin the book I was reading around to face her at the open page.

Well.
Back to top Go down
NightProwler

NightProwler

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 am

(Anton)

=I nod sagely=

I've seen enough proof to side with Soren, because Nick is a madman bent on becoming a god.

=I close my eyes=

Whether you believe him or not is your choice.
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 am

(S)
I don't hide things unless it puts people in danger. She can listen if she wants, I'd probably tell her all this anyway.

=i stand up=
If you're telling me, my protector is going to just suddenly kill me, then I'm going to have to ask you to leave. There are many simpler ways to kill me than just wait to nuke everyone right now or whatever. I'm a loner, abandoned, with no one who really cares about me other than maybe two or three friends, and they know I can vanish without a trace. If I were to die, they would be none the wiser, and no one would come looking for me. He knows this, he's kept tabs on me, so if he wanted me dead, I would be dead right about now.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Hunter

Jeremy Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:32 am

"Well." She said. "What's more important then me burning the bastard who did this -" she turned her head to show the Slavic mark for Fallen One to Nick. "- to me?"
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:33 am

I close my eyes at her mark, simply gesturing to the book I had span.

Look.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Hunter

Jeremy Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:34 am

Dawn leaned over to look. "What am I suppose to be looking at?" She asked quietly.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:34 am

"Fine." I turn and walk back to the Newblood, and look at her for a moment. A tender neck... Whoever got her was lucky. As was she.
"If you're gonna suck out of bags, get a straw. Makes things a lot easier." I then turn for the door, looking at Anton and sighing. "And what about you?"
Back to top Go down
NightProwler

NightProwler

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:38 am

(Anton)

=I ponder the question for a brief moment=

I've been a loner for over two centuries, and no one has given me notice, other than an eccentric werewolf.

=I sigh=

I'll come to your aide when the time comes, Soren. In the meantime, I'm helping to train this newborn.
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:39 am

What you see here is your family line.

I point to her name in the book, to her sisters, to her brothers, to her parents. My finger traces it backwards through the book to her great great great grandfather.

You see? You're related to old Eppi.

I give a little sigh, taking another book and turning it around to her.

These are immigration records. Here is Eppi's name.

I point it out in the book before taking the last one and turning it around to her.

And this is a book on the lineage of some of the greatest families from England.

I point out Eppi's name in the book, tracing it back with my finger for her until I stop on a name.

You see?
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Hunter

Jeremy Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:41 am

Dawn's face turns to a priceless one of shock.
You...you...you're...."
Dawn nearly faints. She falls heavily to the floor.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:42 am

I sigh, and lower my head a little. "Training a Newlbood? What, so she can survive long enough to die?" I turn, now a little tempted to stay, to teach and even just annoy the stubborn Vampires.
"She doesn't have the gall to become anything other than a dreg, just like most every other Modern out there."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 2   Nightfall: Chapter 2 - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightfall: Chapter 2
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next